Thursday, April 30, 2015

Party Line

Hi Vintage Journey Fans
 
We are starting a new month and a new challenge at A Vintage Journey with our lovely hostess, Astrid, who chose the theme "Spring Colors".  Or as they spell it over there, colours.  Using the grunge factor from Tim along with his stamp set, Bird Crazy,  I had lots of fun with this one.  I've been playing with these crazy birds for weeks now and I still have some ideas going round in my head.  I'm sure they will be popping out soon.
 
I know I'm dating myself by using this old fashion term but I just had a thought and went with it.  I hope I am not the only one who remembers the "party line" where we shared a phone line with our neighbors.  I thought I would put a different twist on the term by combining it with "party" birds on a wire. 

These birds are ready for a celebration with their noise maker, party hats and balloons.
I used the Props Die Set from Karen Burniston for the party goodies.

Here's how I did it!
 
 I started out with a canvas, added gesso and some tissue wrap from Tim's collection.
 
 Next came a layer of Distress Paint.  I used Broken China and Peeled Paint.
After dabbing it on my canvas, I rubbed it around with a baby wipe.
 
 I drew a line using a sharpie and T square, then added the lettering from some I had in my stash.  I later added  some white lines on the letters using uni-ball Signo Pen.  Last step for the lettering was to cover it with Wink of Stella.
 
I stamped my birds on manila paper and then colored them very quickly using two colors of Distress Ink on each one.  I applied the ink with dabbers and then went back with black and white to highlight some spots after cutting them out.
 
After laying out the birds the way I wanted them, I stamped them on the canvas to get the tops and legs that were previously cut off.  Then the colored bodies were glued on.
I thought they were looking a little bit like they were floating so I used a stencil and some molding paste to add the tree at the bottom of the canvas.


I hope you have enjoyed my silly take on the theme this month and you will stop by A Vintage Journey to see all the fabulous projects from the rest of the team.
 
Have a great month and don't forget to join the fun by posting your Spring Colors (colours) make with us.
 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you - thanks for commenting.