Wednesday, September 28, 2022

Happy Fall Y'all

 Hello Friends,

  Although it is still blazin hot here in Arizona, I know it's beginning to cool off in other places. That made me think about a cute little garden gnome.  While I love any kind of gnome this one is especially cute because he also lights up.


In this photo you can see him greeting guests on my front porch and he is totally adorable with his fall colors.

 

 Here he is after dark - still greeting our guests.
 

I began with the Medium Wood Gnome 1 from Clear Scraps for this one.

 

 I began with covering parts of the base with paper, then the hands and nose were edged with a little pink,

 

 The beard portion was painted with orange and some small holes were drilled.
A string of battery operated lights were placed through the holes.  Some (lots) leaves were cut out of vellum.
By using vellum the light will shine through.

 

 The entire beard and lights were covered with leaves - leave space for the nose.
 
 
On the back of the hat and beard pieces I used double sided foam tape to lift the pieces up leaving room for the lights.
 
 
 A Happy Fall Y'all sign was added and the nose and hands glued on.
 
 
Thank you so much for stopping by - hope you got some inspiration.

S@ndy



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you - thanks for commenting.