Tuesday, October 4, 2022

Designer Challenge - Halloween

 Hello Crafty Friends,

Welcome back for another Designer Challenge from Karen Burniston.  This month she has challenged us to make a Halloween Card.  I love the colors that are associated with Halloween so this one was fun for me.




This month I made two cards that are the same theme but different versions.  
One is just scarier than the other.


To create my card, I used the Frame Pull Pop Up for the mechanism and for the card base I used the Halloween Elements, the Halloween Scene and the new Skeleton & Bat sets.  I used the Moon Mask from Tim Holtz and the Bones Stamp (Dancing Skeleton) from Riley & Company.  I did not have a coffin die so designed my own and have shared the measurements below.   


I began with a sketch of what I needed and then made two sizes.  The liner is just the same as the lid and then cut down on all side and embossed.  I made a small hinge piece to open the lid.

I recently had a request from one of the peeps on Karen Burniston Pop Up Peeps.  She needed help doing the hinge and making the lid pop open so I made this short video explaining how to put it together - I hope this is helpful.


I made the mechanism just as Karen shows it in her video, linked below, and then attached the coffin to it.  I used the same color for the background and mechanism (black).  That way it fades away on the front of the card.


Thank you so much for stopping by, you can see all the products I used listed below.

Happy Haunting,
S@ndy

15 comments:

  1. Love the coffin cards with the pop up lids! So creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is SOOOOOOOOOOO COOL! I love how the coffin opens!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant as usual...such talent

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! Love the ghost and the skeleton in the coffin!

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a cute idea. Love your Halloween card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OK, this is just way too fun for Halloween!! LOL I absolutely adore this!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So creative! A wonderful make! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cards are so ingenious! Absolutely love them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very creative way to use the coffin in the card. Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your spooky scenes! Awesome cards! The coffins are great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fabulous idea! I definitely need to give this technique a try. You have so many wonderful ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this card. You did a wonderful job on it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. How fun! Thank you for the video on the coffin assembly. It was inspiring and very helpful in how you made your adorable card. I had to buy the cutting die to give this a try.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for commenting.