Wednesday, June 22, 2022

Happy Birthday America

 The 4th of July will be here soon and I love the colors of our country.  I've decorated this adorable gnome to celebrate the season.  


This project was fun and easy.  I began with the Medium Wood Gnome Girl shown below and then simply added the colors I wanted.  



I first covered the hat with alternating red and white strips paper in a wave pattern.  Next came the body that is covered in a blue plaid.  I used a black marker to color in the feet.

Before the hair was added it was embossed to give texture and then edged with some brown ink.  Every patriotic gnome needs a red bow.

The nose, hands and the star were all decorated and edged with the proper color. (blue was added to the heart later).


All the pieces were placed - some white stars were added and then glued in place. I added the flag before gluing the hands.

I like to mix things up sometimes to I used the "Summer" from the Word n Shape Summer - Flip Flop.  You will see the Flip Flops later in another project.  I painted the word blue to match the theme.

               

To make this little guy stand up I used the base from one of the Frameables, covered with paper and                                            then added some grass using a die from my stash.



Now that all parts are assembled she is ready to party!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you - thanks for commenting.