Friday, November 22, 2019

Birthday Greetings

Hi Friends,

I made this bright and colorful birthday card for a friend.  I had no trouble finding colors that worked well with each other because I used one paper pad.  If you have difficulty finding just the right color or element this is the easy way to get good results.  The paper pad was an older one from my stash so I'm afraid that I can't give you the name.


I used the new Gift Pivot Panel from Karen Burniston along with a few other dies from Karen.  If you would like to see a complete video tutorial on how to assemble this die set click here.

I kept the front of the card very simple by using only the papers in the paper pad.


One of the papers in this pad had a star border so I placed the die on the boarder to make an anchor for the gifts that will go on later.  I found all the crease lines made by the die and folded them in the correct direction.


I added the pivot panel to the inside of the card while it was flat.
Be sure to watch the video linked above to see how this step was done.  I couldn't be much easier.
When you close the card the pivot section will find the crease lines and fold up nicely.



I added the gifts and few other embellishments which I have linked below.

See you again soon,
 S@ndy

3 comments:

  1. I love this card so much. So bright and Happy Birthdayish. I'm searching my stash for that paper. I'm sure I have it...somewhere. I remember the little candle pattern. The matching is easier if you can just use one pad or collection. You do so many cute and clever cards. I always enjoy your blog. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I did mean to ask if your card was regular 4 1/4 X 5 1/2. It seemed more square, like 5 1/2 X 5 1/2? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the nice comment, Beverly. It is a 5.5" square!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for commenting.