Tuesday, April 2, 2024

Thirst Quencher

 Hello Friends and welcome,

It's time for the Karen Burniston Designer Challenge and this month we were challenged with the theme - Thirst Quencher.

I made this card for our son's birthday which was earlier this month.  He loves to grill, and drink beer. Personally, I'll skip the grilling.  I placed a giant beer mug on the card front with two different greeting on the inside.




I found some perfect paper online from "reminisce" called Cold One.  I got it on Amazon.  I will link it below if I can.


For the beer mug on the front I looked for clipart on line.  I simply typed in freeclipart in the search box and found what I needed.  I like to select the one I want by clicking on it, do a right click on the image and then click on copy image.   Next I open Word on my computer - get a new page - right click on the page and finally click paste.  After the image appears, I size it and then print it.  Once it is printed I cut it out using the Scan n Cut but you could also fussy cut it.


I backed my mug with black because it matched the background.  I needed a tab so I left extra paper on the left side of the mug and scored it to create the tab.  Be sure that you score on the left side of the widest part of the mug.  In this case it was the foam drip (shown above with the line of yellow stars).


I wanted to pop up the word "Cheers" so I used the Karen Burniston Flip Frame mechanism to do that. 
I decorated the rest of the page with stickers from the paper pack.


The back side of the paper was decorated with kegs and assorted beer mugs so all I had to do was add the sticker and then Happy Birthday.

Thanks for stopping by,
S@ndy

6 comments:

  1. I bet your son loved his card, so neat. My favorite beverage is diet coke.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! You are one of my favorite card creators that I follow regularly and this card is a reason why!! You are always so creative with your designs. LOVE the beer mug! If you did the shading, it is AMAZING!!! Looks like I could just pick it up, it would be cold and delicious!! Coffee is actually my favorite drink but a good cold beer in the summer is yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually already commented but didn't realize it was 'anonymous'. I said how much I love the beer mug and it's authentic coloring. Coffee is my favorite but cold beer in the summer is great!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the nice comments! I appreciate you taking the time to make my day!!

      Delete
  4. Awesome card! Love the beer and the colors you used for your creation!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for commenting.