Thursday, May 19, 2022

This is Us

 Hello Crafty Friends,

Today I have a fun little project that I created for Clear Scraps using one of their fabulous This Is US Desktop Frame.  I love Steampunk and all the images, gears, cogs and top hats that go with it.   I had some fun with photo editing and got out some of my favorite things from my stash.  Our grandson recently visited so I used a photo of him and grandpa in a playful way.




I began by embossing some metallic paper and covering the frame base.


Some editing was done to the photo by removing the background and adding some clipart top hats.


I used another embossing folder to add gears and texture to the top frame piece.


All the frame elements were layered together.


I covered the frame with Foundry Wax and then heat set.  I added an extra color to give the project that rusted look.  Everything was heat set to make it permanent.


After digging around in my stash I found what I wanted to add to the frame making it as steampunk as possible.


I glued everything in place and then added a little fun to the photo using some small dies and gears.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoyed my steampunk moment.

Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you - thanks for commenting.