Friday, March 11, 2022

ARIZONA

 Howdy,

I am excited to tell you that I am now an official member of the Clear Scraps Design Team.  Today I am sharing my first post where I am also celebrating my home state of Arizona.  I love the desert and all the sunshine that we have here - so why not show it?


In my spare time I like to color, it's fun and relaxing. I have ended up with a large collection of colored images so all I need to do is find the right ones and add them to my frame. I love to use colored pencils, which is what I've done here.  For the nail heads around the frame I simply removed the prongs from some brads and glued them to the frame.

I began by using the Small Rectangles Printer Tray Frame from Clear Scraps.


I wanted my panels to be extra deep so I stacked all three pieces up and glued them together.  Once glue was dry I added a coat of gesso as a base to insure that my paint color would be true.


I used a great copper color on the frame - Arizona is known for copper so I thought it was the perfect color.  After the paint was dry I began adding my panels.  I used the Sunrise stencil from Clear Scraps to depict the sunshine. 


After filling in some of the panels with my colored images I used stickers to finish telling the story.  I have one more thing to add and that is the acrylic panel to cover the entire thing.  I wanted to take the photos before adding the panel to avoid the glare.  The nail heads are placed on the frame temporarily so I will pop them off, add the acrylic and replace the nail heads.

I will remove the protective coating on both sides of the acrylic before placing it on my frame.

See you soon,
S@ndy

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you - thanks for commenting.