Monday, March 21, 2022

Just A Note

 Hello friends,

I will be the first to admit that I could be more organized, especially when it comes to my SD cards and thumb drives.  I'm always looking around for which card I used last.  I have decided to solve this issue by making this handy notebook to contain some of my mess.  I used the Notes Wood Card from Clear Scraps to create a place to store my cards.  






This wood notebook turned out to be perfect for this project because it already has the holes for rings.


Both front and back were colored with Distress Stain and then the color was lightened using some Picket Fence stain over the Fired Brick.


Next the Quarterfoil Stencil was used to add design to the front.  I used some Pixie Spray to hold the stencil in place and then added gold embossing paste. 




The embossing paste did partially cover the words on the word so I carefully removed it using an exacto knife.



While waiting for things to dry I began creating my pages using some vintage paper from my stash. I also created some pockets using decorated coin envelopes.  The envelopes measue 3 1/8" X 5 1/2" so I made the pages the same size.  I used the holes in the cover as a pattern to punch holes in my pages


Everything is bound together with 2 rings that hve been decorated with ribbon and then a lock and key were added.


Thank you for joining me today and I hope I have inspired yu to become more organized.

Have a great week,

S@ndy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you - thanks for commenting.