Thursday, April 2, 2020

It's Gelli Plate Time

Hello fellow travelers,

It is the first Friday of the month and that means a new challenge at A Vintage Journey.  This month our lovely hostess, Julia, has decided that it is time to get out the Gelli Plate.  I must admit that I have owned a Gelli Plate (two actually) for some time but never seem to get them out to play with.  I'm so happy that now is the time!  I hope you enjoy my adventure - at this time we are all struggling with the coronavirus thing so I thought a little silliness could lift our spirits.  There is no reason for this journal page except to use the Gelli plate and to add some happiness to our lives.



 Even though I don't use my Gelli Plate much, I like to watch YouTube videos about it.  I have recently been watching videos about Distress Oxide Inks with the plate so thought I would give it a try.  You can pick any two, or more, colors and simply rub the ink pad on the plate.  Once that was done, I used a brayer to smooth out the colors.  Next I spitzed water on the whole thing   Next I layed the paper on the plate and pressed it down.



I did this several times using different color combos.  On the top row you will see how the water has made some interesting marks  Without doing anything else to the plate I put a new sheet of cardstock on the plate and lifed another print, called a ghost print, you can see those on the bottom.

 For this double page spread in my art journal I decided to use two of the ghost prints.

 The next step was to do a little stenciling, I used some Seedless Preserves Oxide Ink and one of the Life Changing Brushes from Picket Fence.  

 I recently bought an adorable stamp set from Pink Ink Designs (a British Company).  I stamped the bunny and colored him with some Copic colors. Couldn't be any cuter.  The stamp set comes with lots of great images and I tried to use most of them.

 I cut out the bunny and placed him on the page with matt medium. I made my pages separately and then placed them in my journal using Clear Double Sided Adhesive from Elizabeth Craft Designs.

A little more stenciling with a different stencil at the top of the page to add another layer.

I added more images from the stamp set and then some random stamping for the background.
Next came some white spots using watered down gesso.

Just for fun I added Hop, Hop Hooray.
To finish the pages off, some more bunny images from the stamp set were added. I added a grass edge along the bottom and then edged all around with Oxide Ink.

The final step was to add some Wendy Vecci Translucent Embossing Paste for a little added texture.

This was a fun page and I hope you have enjoyed it.  Get out those Gelli Plates and start printing.

See you again soon,
S@ndy 

5 comments:

  1. what beautiful bunny stamp Sandy! love the colors and patterns on your beautiful backgrounds and the pretty collage of stampings! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such fabulous use of the Distress Inks and Gelli Plate Sandy and an absolutely delightful and fun journal page Sometimes we do need to just create and release ourselves from what is going on around us. Your journal pages just lift the soul! Jennie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scrumptious Oxide prints, Sandy - and I love how you layered everything up on the page spread to create that warm sunshine glow. The rabbit is so cute, and the thistles are exquisite.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful creativity , Sandy . Terrific gelli printing and such a fun uplifting spread . Your beautifully coloured rabbit just make me smile - ty .

    take care and stay safe and well
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally love your Gelli plate prints Sandy and I am inspired to play with my own gP x That Bunny Stamp is so cute and the perfect addition x Thank You for the inspiration x
    Take care and keep safe xx

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for commenting.