Thursday, December 26, 2019

Surprise Thank You Card

Hello friends,

I hope your Christmas was Merry & Bright and now it's time for those Thank You cards.  If you would like to add a bit of Surprise to your card - I have a fun way to do that.  I used the Karen Burniston Surprise Ball Pop Up die in a new way.  Check it out.






I have a complete tutorial on how I made this on YouTube so I hope you will hop on over there to watch it and I wouldn't mind if you would subscribe to my channel and give the video a "like".  

You can also see Karen's assembly video by clicking here.

In my video I talked about how to fix a few things that I feel I could do better the next time I make this card.  I promised some more detailed photos so here they are:



I made the exact same card one more time but here is how I feel it is better than the original.  It is much stronger because I added some packing tape to each arm of the ball at the crease, shown with the arrows above.  The ball wasn't designed to take all the stress that happens to the arm with the tab when it is pushed an pulled (and straightened) into the envelope.  The tape seemed to do the trick, if you do not have packing tape you could use clear tape and I would add a couple pieces on each arm.


The other thing I did differently was to cut the small tab in half where I plan to insert my pull tab.
Be sure to do this on each side.

The last thing I did to change this was to make a tab as shown in the video and above, then score where the white line is on the photo above.  Once that is complete, I cut (shown in blue above) up to the score line so the tabs would move with the tab that was cut on the ball itself.

Assemble the ball as usual!

The products I used are linked below - you can click on the photo for more details.

See you Soon,
S@ndy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you - thanks for commenting.