Thursday, October 31, 2019

Window On Your World


Hello again friends and welcome to a new challenge for A Vintage Journey.  This time our lovely hostess, Deb, has challenged us to make a project that is a Window On Your World.  I have this fabulous paper from Stamperia and a great die set, The Rockin Rectangle, from Karen Burniston.  
It's a great combination and they are linked below for you shopping pleasure, simply click on the product and you can see all the details.


Click here to see Karen's instruction video.





I wanted to use the paper images to their best advantage so I made a large card, 6.5" square.  This meant that I had to make a hinge - I did that by cutting and scoring one panel 1/2" larger than the first.  Then joining them with the hinge on the back.

I layered the front of the card with two layers and then cut the window where I needed it.

Because I had so many layers - too many for a wafer thin die - I had to line up the window from the front and then cut again to get through all the panels.  After the window was cut and the acetate added I assembled the card the same as in the video below.

Here is a link to Karen's video.

Stay Crafty,
S@ndy

5 comments:

  1. Wow, what a fabulous card! I love the design with the pretty window and the papers and colours look so amazing 😁. Thanks for the inspiration and Happy November! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that vintage balloon, and the subtle colour palette - and the video is really useful to see exactly how that cool pop-up mechanism works. Great card, Sandy.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great card Sandy, looks super clever, will definitely check out Karen's video, but yours shows just how clever the whole design is too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful card Sandy, love the use of the acetate on your window and how everything comes to life as you open it, the hot air balloon actually floats away, brilliant! Thanks so much for sharing it, Deb xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. FAbulous card Sandy, I adore these paper and you made a fantastic work with it! Your card is beautiful and so elegant! barbara

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for commenting.