Thursday, May 30, 2019

It's Tag Friday @ A Vintage Journey


Hi my friends,

It is always nice to have an extra day to do something you love.  This month there happens to be five Fridays and that means "Tag Friday" for the Vintage Journey Blog.  This month we are welcoming four brand new Creative Guides, Ann, Barbara, Toni and Jo, so I hope you can stop by to welcome them and see their fabulous work, just click here.


It's time to be thinking about our summer plans and that means travel.  We love to travel and have our plans in place for this year so wanted to convey the excitement with my tag. 


As I was getting ready to make my tag, I found an unfinished project in my stash.  This tag base is actually made from resin.  I made this some time back and it was just waiting to be finished.  I originally made this panel by pouring some resin over an embossing folder that I had first added some VersaMark Ink to.   After trimming off the rough edges with scissors it was ready for some highlights.  I used the Art Alchamy Metallique Wax from Prima - I simply rubbed some on with my finger.  A hole was drilled in the top center and it was ready to go.


It wasn't too hard to find things in my stash to finish it off, I have provided links below so you can see exactly what I used.

Thanks for stopping by,
S@ndy

9 comments:

  1. A resin tag, how unusual Sandy and a great finish to it with all the added elements you found. This would look fabulous on a travel scrapbook page xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fab tag, Sandy. Love the depth of the resin embossed background that you have brought to life so well with the wax and all your travel related elements.
    When ever your travel adventures begin I hope you have a lovely time
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what an amazing tag! I love how you captured your summer travels and TH idea-ology additions look gorgeous and the metallic wax really makes the resin background pop - perfect 😊. I'm so excited to be able to join you as part of the Creative Guide team, thank you for the warm welcome! Wishing you a happy Friday and weekend! Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing tag Sandy, never would have thought to pour resin into an embossing folder but the results are spectacular and love the highlights from the metallic wax rub. Thanks for sharing it and happy summer travels! Deb xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. How super cool to have a resin tag! Love the ragged bottom edge and the elements you added just look perfect to finish it all off! It would make a great addition to a travel journal I am sure... Happy travels!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How creative to make your tag out of resin poured over an embossing folder Sandy! What a great design to commemorate your beginning of summer travels! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't believe it is a resin tag! So amazing Sandy! I really like the result of Art Alchemy Metallique Wax on the resin tag.
    I am so thrilled to have joined as a Creative Guide at A Vintage Journey and I am really looking forward to following your journey with the team. Have a lovely weekend.
    Hugs, Ann

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow - your resin tag is amazing, Sandy - what a great find in the unfinished projects box! Love the shimmer you've given it.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  9. The resin tag is quite stunning Sandy and I love how you have embelllished it. Have a wonderful time travelling x

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for commenting.