Saturday, October 7, 2017

It's World Cardmaking Day - So Let's Make A Card

Saturday School is on "Fall Break" but we'll be back next week.

OK - it's not like we need an excuse to make a card but it's nice to have a reason.

I'm not done with Halloween yet although the crafting world is moving toward Christmas.  I'm still holding out.


For the background on this card I was inspired by Vicky Papaioannou on her YouTube channel where she shared her Glowing Moon technique.  I used the same technique using Distress Oxide Inks that are blended together to make a night sky with a glowing moon.  I used Elizabeth Craft Designs White Soft Finish Cardstock for my base.  The finished size of this card is 4.25" X  5.5".  Cut cardstock 4.25 X 11" then crease in the center.  Make a mask for the moon using some low tack tape or paper then blend inks over it.  When sky is done, remove mask and add just a little yellow for that spooky effect.


Cut treat bag and stamp with sentiment.  All dies and stamps on this card are from Elizabeth Craft Designs.  To see all the products I used check out the links at the end.  Simply click on the link to shop.


Color the bag - I used Copic Markers but any markers will work. There are two crease lines on the bag die, fold on lines and edge bag with ink, Vintage Photo was used here.



Cover the back side of some black cardstock (about a half sheet of 8.5" X 11") with Clear Double Sided Adhesive, ECD was used here.  Die cut the fence, ground and witch from front side of cardstock, you will now have stickers that will be easy to add to the card.


Cut candy corn from white Soft Finish Cardstock and then color.


Add all elements to card.

Happy Haunting,
S@ndy




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you - thanks for commenting.