Monday, October 10, 2016

Designer Challenge - Monochromatic

It's Designer Challenge Week with Karen Burniston and here is her challenge to us:
 
 It's the monochromatic challenge but YOU pick your color from any of the colors of the rainbow. Make a card featuring predominantly Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo or Violet. 
 
I decided to go with blue as I don't use it a lot and I thought it would be good for me to step outside my comfort zone.
 
I used the Happy Birthday Pop Up card and added lots of bling with stars and glittered candles which also is a little step outside the box for me.  Hope you enjoy.
 
 
I kept the front simple because all the fun of a Pop it Ups Card is on the inside.  I used the Agatha Edges to shorten the front panel and then decorated with the Paris Edges and some twine. I simply added Celebrate to finish the front.
 
 

 
The built in Happy Birthday on this Pop Up is just beautiful and so easy to decorate for any age.  I added some glittered candles and some reinstone stars for a bit of extra glitz.  The finishing touch is a glittered streamer on the message panel.

Stop by Karen's Facebook Page to see what the rest of the team made and don't forget to visit Karen's blog tomorrow for a new video from her showing a new technique.

Have a crafty Week,
S@ndy


 

1 comment:

I love hearing from you - thanks for commenting.