Monday, April 18, 2016

The Great Outdoors

Hi and welcome -

It's Designer Challenge Week with Karen Burniston.  This time around she has challenged us with the theme of  "The Great Outdoors".   Right now, here in Arizona, we are enjoying some fabulous spring weather and the cactus are showing off their beautiful blooms .  The days are sunny and comfortable - perfect for spending some time on the patio with a good book and a cool drink. 

One of the things that can be seen early in the mornings around here are hot air balloons.  Just as the sun is coming up they are rising above the mountains with their beautiful vibrant colors. With the sun shining on them it sometimes looks as if they are lit from within.



I used the Hot Air Balloon Pop Up along with the Western Edges Die Set, and threw in some clouds from the All Seasons Tree Set, all designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs.



The star of the show on a Pop it Ups card is always the inside of the card so I kept the front simple with a greeting from the Cocoa Western Clear Stamps on a label from the Katie Label Pivot Card.

Stop by again tomorrow for another card made for this challenge.  On Wednesday 4/20/2016 you can see what the entire team made as well as a new video from Karen by visiting her blog here.
 
Have a creative week,

3 comments:

  1. Those balloons are wonderful S@ndy. This has reminded me that Karen has been on one of our Craft Channels here in the UK and I saw a card similar to this - I wonder now if it was yours! Hopefully we will see a lot more of her and these wonderful Elizabeth Craft dies. Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card Sandy. I followed the link from Karen's blog hoping to see more of this card and was not disappointed. I had about talked myself out of the Western Edges since I DO have mountain dies and very small to quite large horse dies and didn't really "need" it! Well, it is going back on my wish list. :)

    I love hot air balloons and have two dies, your stamped balloon has made me realize that I can use my smallest one like you, to be in the distance. I'm the next state over in the New Mexico mountains but we don't have hot air balloons in the mountains, just elsewhere in the state.

    I am for sure going to be doing a version of this card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My brother recommended I might like this website. He was entirely right.
    This post truly made my day. You can not imagine simply how much time I had spent for this information! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for commenting.