Monday, November 16, 2015

It's Designer Challange Week

Yay !! - it's Designer Challenge week at Elizabeth Craft Designs with Karen Burniston.  This month she has challenged the team to use any technique from her many YouTube Videos.  It was hard to decide but I finally settled on The Grungy Gears Background Technique.  You all know how much I love gears and grungy stuff so this was for me.  Karen's videos are designed to inspire you to make something similar using the technique - but if you choose to make it exactly, that's fine too.  Here's my card for the challenge using the Clocks & Gears Set, the Spiral Pull Card, the Rectangle Pull Card and Lucky. 
 I have linked all dies below so you can find them easily.
 

I'm a fan of using what is at hand and making the best of it.  I didn't have the shelf liner that Karen used in her video so I used Aluminum Foil from the kitchen and it worked just fine.  I was also out of Black Soot Distress Paint so I used Barn Door instead and I rather like how it turned out.  In addition to the gears I used some of the numbers and clock hands and added a few of the negative circles as well.  I didn't need to alter Lucky, he's too cute just as he is.


On the inside of my card I simply wanted to add the pop up from the Rectangle Pull Card to the Spiral Pull Card and say "hello".  I cut the word "hello" and the clock face on the front from manila paper and then painted it with the same Distress Paint. 

 
Here's a little close up so you can see the gears and clock parts.
 
Hope to see you tomorrow- I'll be back with my second card for the challenge,
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Wow - so much texture on this masterpiece. Love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the texture you have created on this card

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for commenting.