Saturday, April 20, 2013

Let's take a "Road Trip"

When I was at CHA this past January I saw the Tim Holtz Configurations Book and fell in love with the idea of a story contained in a box.  Here are a few pictures of my idea - hope you enjoy.


For the front cover I used a real map from an old Atlas attaching it with Glue N Seal.  You will notice lots of Tim Holtz goodies in this project because they just lend themselves to the theme.  In fact one of the stamp sets is called Road Trip.  When I stamp an image I like to use black ink and emboss with clear.  It seems to make the image stand out.  I can always find a use for gears from the Gadget Gear Die.

The book is held shut with a Swivel Clasp and a Hitch Fastener, so glad they are back on the market.  

On the other side I double stamped the tire treads using Tim's Road Trip Set from Stampers Anonymous, I like the way it looks as if a car ran over it.



The back is covered with a complete sheet from Tim's Paper Stash.

Now for the inside -  after  arranging the boxes so the Vintage Valise would fit inside I glued the boxes in and covered the edges with Tissue Tape then inked them with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.  I found some great paper at Michael's for the inside front cover but all the rest is from Tim's collections. I used many dies and findings.  Mac found a spark plug at Home Depot for me.  It is actually for a lawn mower but it fits perfectly and it even says Champion on it.  It was a great finishing touch. 


The Vintage Valise opens to reveal a pull out scrapbook.  I used Tim Holtz Paper to matt each page and then added some stamping and die cuts.  Two of my favorites are the Old Jalopy and the Vintage Camera. The suitcases are from Time Travelers, Tim Holtz/Stamper Anonymous

It is easy to flip the pages back and forth while leaving them in the box or they can be pulled out (still attached to the Valise) in a long strip as shown below.
 


3 comments:

  1. I love this Sandy. I hope my schedule will be able to fit this class in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful creation. Love the tire tread on the spine area.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great book! I love the tire tread going up the spine, and everything inside ... especially the booklet!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for commenting.