Tuesday, August 8, 2023

Birthday Cupcakes

 Hi friends, I'm stopping by today to share a card that I made for Karen Burniston's birthday which was last month.  I like to use my dies in as many ways as I can so I am always thinking of fun ways to do something that is unexpected.



For this card I started with a 5"X 7" base.  I used the Twist Flower Pop-up using cupcakes instead of flowers.  I used the Cupcake Add-ons for the cute cupcakes cutting them apart to create a shadow around each one.  Then I overlapped them before adding them to the pop-up.  I was careful when placing the Celebrate not to create a catch point.  

You can see all the products I used linked below.  Also linked below you will see another fun way to use this die.  This time I popped up a winning hand of cards.


Stay Happy and Crafty,

S@ndy

1 comment:

  1. Sandy, I so appreciate what you do. I can tell how much you enjoy Pop-Ups by your projects. You are a very talented woman and I love how you continually surprise us by taking a particular die and turning it into something different. Ever since I was a young boy I've been fascinated with movement especially in card. I'm amazed at its strength and flexibility, and how you can mold it by spritzing water on it. So many thing can be created with card. And you seem to master it with ease. I know that's not an entirely a true statement because, like me, you build prototypes out of white card. I saw a video of your book that you made of pop-up mechanisms. Some day I hope to finish mine. Well, that's all I got to say except, thank you for your inspiration and encouragement. It means a lot to me.
    John Watterson

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for commenting.