Friday, April 8, 2022

Mason Jar Recipe Holder

 Hello - I'm here today with a project that is fun and useful.  I just love it when my crafting fun turns out to be something I can enjoy and use for a long time.  I used this Mason Jar Medium DIY Pallet Shape from Clear Scraps to create this recipe holder.  These would make great Christmas or Birthday gifts for the people in your life who enjoy cooking.



When you are not cooking this is great way to display your favorite photos.


To begin this project - trace around the Mason Jar and cut out.  Since this pallet shape has gaps between the wood slats I slid it together to add some edging.  


Adhere the edged paper to the pallet - I like to use dry adhesive for this so the paper does not buckle.
You could use double sided tape or as I did, my Xyron machine.


The shape of the lid was cut out of a metallic silver paper but gray could also be used.
Next the lid piece was crimped and edged with a darker gray color.


Twine was added.



I used strawberries and some small flowers to decorate my jar but you could use any dies that you happen to have in your stash. 


After all the berries and vines were colored I arranged them the way I liked and then added a clip to hold my recipe or photo.


Thank you for joining me and I hope that you have been inspired.

Until next time - happy crafting,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you - thanks for commenting.