Friday, October 1, 2021

Steampunk Phone Stand

 Hello Friends,

 I have a fun and easy project to share with you today.  We all know how hard it is to make or buy gifts for the guys in our life so this project is perfect for gift giving or stocking stuffers with it's masculine elements.  Any guy would love having this Phone Stand on their desk for easy viewing and charging.



Clear Scraps has these great Phone Stands in many different shapes.  I used wood for mine but you can also find them in acrylic on the Clear Scraps website.


The rectangular wood shape is used here.  All products are linked below.


I have always loved Steampunk so like to use it in my projects whenever possible.  For this one I used real copper sheeting, that has started to tarnish, but a heavy weight cardstock would work as well.  I simply traced around the Phone Stand and cut the copper in the same shape using scissors.  I then used an embossing folder to add a pattern.  In this case it is gears and cogs.


The entire front of the Phone Stand was covered with double sided adhesive, any brand of wide adhesive will work as well as glue (be sure you select a glue that is for nonporous surfaces).  I like the double sided adhesive because it is strong and there is no mess.


After removing the protective backing from the adhesive - the embossed piece was added.  I burnished the sides down with a bone folder to make sure there were no sharp edges.  For the final touch, some gears will be added leaving some hanging a little off the edge for a fun effect.  E6000 was used for this part because it works great for gluing two nonporous surfaces together. 


Thanks for joining me today, 
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you - thanks for commenting.