Friday, August 21, 2020

More Than Just A Purse





Hello friends,
 Get your favorite beverage and sit a spell - this is a long one.

Today I'm sharing my final alteration (for now) of the Purse Pop Up by Karen Burniston.  I'll show you how I have changed it into a tool box and this time it will be a circus train with some adorable animals from the new Safari Animals set.











As promised in my video - this card is a slimline and the measurements are 9" X 4".  I used the Circle Crosshatch for the three ring circus.  When adding the circles, be sure to place them on the crease of the card so they are staggered (shown below)  This way they will both show and not be lined up behind one another.

I also learned something about the tabs, sometimes when placing the circles on the card the tabs will be end up in different locations.  Keep in mind that the purse (or whatever) will fold in the direction of the large tab.  This way you can place the tabs so that the object folds the way you need them to.  In my card the circus trains fold in different directions, one forward and one backwards.

I finished off the decorations by adding flags from the Castle Pop Up.





Please watch the video to see how I made the tool box.  As for the tools, I did have an older die for the saw and the hammer that are no longer available but what I did with the other tools was to find chipart online.  You can find them by searching "free clipart".  I sized and printed the tools on cardstock and then cut them out.  I hope this is helpful to you.


Here is the purse as it is intended - so fun.

See you soon,
S@ndy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you - thanks for commenting.