Monday, October 14, 2019

Joyful Wishes

Hello Friends,

Today I have a fun card to share with you and I got the idea from my friend, Mary McGillis, who made one at our Paper Arts Club meeting.  I liked it and she gave me permission to use it here so I hope you enjoy.  

I've used lots of great dies and stamps (all linked below) from Elizabeth Craft Designs.



Here are a few of the steps along the way.

I began by cutting a Rounded Square and Stitched Indented Square and then inked the Indented Square with some Distress Oxide Ink.  A few white splatters were added using some watered down gesso.  Next came a layer of  Village Houses.  The bottom of the houses were also cut using the Stitched Indented Square.  Some yellow vellum was added to the houses for this layer only. 

Next came two more rows of houses and a hinged triangle to attach the houses to the card.

The houses were added to the triangle, note that they are glued on different sides of the triangle so the front of each row shows when the card is closed.

When the additional houses are added to the card, it will stand up by itself.

 Finishing touches were added, shooting star, trees and snowflakes.  Using the Joyful Wishes Stamp Set, the sentiment was added.

So simple, lovely and elegant.

Stay Crafty,
S@ndy

1 comment:

I love hearing from you - thanks for commenting.