Saturday, May 11, 2019

You're How Old?

Hi friends and welcome back.

I have a fun card to share with you today - our friend turned 80 this week and I just had to make a special card for him.  Yes, 80 candles!!!

It seems innocent enough when viewed from the outside.  It has a simple belly band to keep it closed with the greeting and some candles.

But when fully opened it is an explosion of color and candles, five for the outside and 75 for the inside.



I began by using my Envelope punch board to make a 5.5" square envelope.  I made an extra score line on each crease so there would be enough room for all those candles. The score lines are 1/4" apart.

 Next two extra pieces were cut and glued to the side flaps.

Then 80 candles were cut and assembled.  This is a good way to use up those scraps of paper that we all save.

This card was fun to make because it is for someone special, believe me, I wouldn't cut all those candles for just anyone.

Until next time,
Have fun with paper,
S@ndy

1 comment:

I love hearing from you - thanks for commenting.