Saturday, February 11, 2017

Thanks

Hi and welcome back, I have a card to share with you today that features some of the new release from Elizabeth Craft Designs.  I live in the Southwest and when I saw the arrows and feathers from Joset Designs I knew this was for me.  This card is a simple design that has big impact.


For the feathers I simply cut them out and then colored them using the Tim Holtz blending tool and some Distress Inks.  The section with the arrows was done by using the arrow dies as embossing tools instead of dies.  I used Soft Finish Cardstock which has a white core.

Here is how you can do that:
  1. Set machine up for embossing (same as using a folder)
  2. Place the die on the cutting pad face up
  3. Place paper on die face up
  4. Cover with rubber embossing pad
  5. Cover everything with black embossing pad, this is a hard black pad
  6. Run through machine
  7. Optional, sand lightly to reveal white core of paper
I wrapped some twine around the panel where the two colors come together.  The copper piece is from some old jewelry that a friend gave me.

Have a creative week and I will be back on Tuesday with a Pop it Ups card to celebrate Valentines Day.  Karen Burniston is challenging her design team alumni  with the theme "Shaken".

See you then, 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you - thanks for commenting.