Monday, November 7, 2016

Hat Attack

Yay, it's Designer Challenge Week once again and this time Karen Burniston has asked us to focus on hats, Hat Attack.   The Pop it Ups line has so many cute choices, everything from birthday to queen.  I have used 4 different hats from the collection - but in a new way.  Today I have an "altered" hat for each season.  I love how the Pop it Ups all work together and I also like to use them in different ways when I can - so I'll be sharing how I did just that.  Who doesn't like getting more than one use from their die collection?

 
I began with the Oval Landscape Accordion with a computer generated phrase.


 
Here are some helpful tips for altering the hats -

 
 
For the winter knit cap I used the Santa Hat from Props 5.  Cut and round the top edge,  I then edged the entire thing with brown ink then put the two pieces together to look like a winter knit cap with the edge rolled up.  I placed the cap on my card using foam tape to pop it up, then added 3 small snowflakes from the Christmas Charms. 
 


 
For the baseball cap - I started with the hat from Props 1.  Cut off the brim as shown above.  Using the Sports Charms - cut the solid circle then cut off the loop and part of the circle.  The lower part will become the brim of the cap, it is the perfect size.  Edge all around the light blue part with darker blue, add a small brad at center top.  I drew the lines of the cap by hand.  For the home plate, I used one of the house pieces from the Holiday House. The softball is from the Sports Charms.  Both were edged with Vintage Photo Ink.



 For the gardening hat I started with the witch hat from Props 9.  Cut as shown above and it becomes something entirely different.  Edge with brown, add the balloon string and bow from Props 2.  On the finished card I simply added some flowers and leaves from All Seasons Tree
 



For the pilgrim hat I started with the Top Hat from the Steampunk Charms, cut sides at an angle and cut off loop, as shown above.  Using the Halloween Props 9,  I cut the hat band and the buckle.  On the finished card - I placed the hat on the pumpkin from the Halloween Charms and added leaves from the All Seasons Tree.


I hope you have enjoyed my take on "Hat Attack" and will check out Karen's Facebook Page to see what the team made.  Karen will have a new technique and video for you tomorrow on her blog so don't forget to take a look.

Have a creative week,
S@ndy 

4 comments:

  1. Love this card! So creative! Thank you for the detailed instructions to make the wonderful hats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hat
    such wonderful creative ideas!
    great cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also LOVE how you edited the witches hat into a garden hat or straw hat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun card Sandy, love all those hats! Deb xo

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for commenting.