Monday, November 21, 2016

"Charmed, I'm Sure!"


Hi everyone, it's time once again for Designer Challenge Week and this time the challenge was issued by my lovely friend and teammate Karen Aicken.  Karen has asked us to use any of the many charm die sets designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs.

Christmas will soon be here and we all need gift tags so that's what I decided to make for this challenge.  We all collect lots of crafting supplies and love to get the best use from them.  I'm inviting you to look at your dies in different ways.  Simply because they come in sets doesn't mean  you can't step outside the box and use them creatively.


I've made 4 gift tags using the Christmas Charms set as a beginning and then adding pieces of other die sets in a different way.  I've linked each die set below the photo so you can see which set they came from and how I used them.


For this one I used the decorator pieces from the Katie Label Pivot card as my base.  The candy cane was added using some twine from my stash.  The word "Joy" from the Holiday Clear Stamps fits so beautifully in the corner.  I stamped it with white pigment ink.  The charms on all of these tags are attached with twine which means they are loose so you may want to decorate both sides of them as I did.




The base of this tag was created with the Tag Pivot Card using two of  the decorator dies from the set.  I stamped the small snowflakes using white pigment and then added the gift package from the Christmas Charms.



This time around I used the Accordion Fancy Label Card for my decorator pieces and then added some stars from the Happy Birthday card.  I added some Nuvo Crystal Drops on the tree before attaching it to the tag.



This one may be my favorite because of the shape.  I used the Star Accordion decorator piece then added the circle, snowflake and twine.  So easy.



I hope you have enjoyed the tags and will try some for yourself.  It's quick and easy.

Be sure to visit Karen's Facebook Page to see a new batch of inspiration from the team.  Tomorrow Karen will have a new video and technique to share with you here.
 
Have a crafty week,
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you - thanks for commenting.