Friday, April 3, 2015

Exploding Handbag (in a good way)

Hi Friends,

I'm here today to share a fun project that I just finished.  I first saw the cute little purse on Splitcoast Stampers a couple weeks ago.  I wanted to try it and it was so fun and easy that I decided to add a little something to the inside.  Here's how it came out.
 
 
 
The bag is made of one 12" X 12" double sided paper.  The white part is trimmed and decorated with the Agatha Edge Die set.
 
Then when you open the bag  ta dah!!


I used the Eiffel Tower Die designed by Karen Burniston from
Elizabeth Craft Designs.  Also parts and pieces of other die sets.
 It says "Happy Birthday" in French.

 
I was restricted on the height of the purse so had to modify the tower.  I cut a little bit from the top but nearly 1/2" from the bottom which meant I had to raise the arch.  I thought I was good to go but then discovered that by taking off some of the legs I had a narrower base.  More modifications but it came out just fine.
 
 
I strung some bakers twine through the center and added some cute little banners from the Lots Of Pops Die set.
 
 
I hope you have enjoyed my little explosion of fun-
Have a great weekend,

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you - thanks for commenting.