Saturday, May 18, 2013

A Stitch In Time

I have wanted to use this idea for awhile so when I saw Inspiration Emporium's challenge for this month "Quotes", I just had to put it together.  I'm not sure where this quote came from or what it "really" means but it was fun.




Starting with the Tim Holtz die - Pocket Watch - I layered rings of paper to make the watch appear real.  I used 4 layers of cardstock glued together for each size ring.





I wanted the watch to look old and tarnished so I used Antiqued Bronze Distress Stain
for the first coat and then stippled over the top with Vintage Photo.



While waiting for stain to dry, which I am not good at, I cut the Sewing "On The Edge Die" using some paper from Lost & Found that was left over from another project. I got lucky with the lettering for the word "SAVES".  I used some Rubs from my last project and cut out only the letter I needed.


For the #9 I used Distress Paint and for the bow I used the TH bias tap colored with Distress Reinkers. Although it seems an odd combination, I got just the color I was looking for by using Seedless Preserves and Picked Raspberries.  I like the way the color looks with the paper.  I printed out the banner for the inside of the clock and put it on a hanger.

The project was finished up by adding some rubs (the pointing finger) and the dress form that was cut from the Mini Sewing Room Die and embellished with some Honey Pop Paper.   

Glad you stopped by - would love some comments - see you soon.

5 comments:

  1. My Grandmother used to use this saying, it was one of her favourites and I believe it refers to the fact that if you mend a small tear as soon as it happens, it saves you time repairing a larger tear later... thus saving 9 stitches. Love your layers on the clock and the dress form is one of my favourites too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the information -- I am always looking for the meaning to old Wives Tales.

      S@ndy

      Delete
  2. Very cute and very smart with your 'save' word, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that's just lovely! And very clever! Love the colours x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sandy...your sewing themed project is very cute! You've used alot of good ideas on this and have used Tim's products in a really creative way! I also wanted to thank you so much for the very sweet comment you left on my blog! <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for commenting.