Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Shoot for the moon --

Hi everyone,

I am thrilled that Donna Wright of Old Red Shed  and member of  Karen Burniston's Design Challenge Team invited me to be her partner for this month's challenge.  Karen asked everyone on the team to invite a blogger friend to participate with the only requirement being the use of an accordion die from her collection.  Donna and I decided we would both use the  Accordion Star for our projects.  I hope you will hop on over to her blog to see what she made.  Don't forget to stop by the Elizabeth Craft Designs Blog on Wednesday April 15th to see what the rest of the team and their guests made for the challenge as well as a new video from Karen.  She always amazes me with her clever new techniques.
 
I have a stamp that says "Shoot for the moon, even if you miss, you'll land among the stars."  Although I printed my sentiment on the computer, I used the verse from the stamp.  Here's what I did with it.




           


Here's how I did it!


For the front I used the stars from the die set and some very shinny metallic paper.  I decided to use two different edges from the Star Fancy Edges, one for the front and a different one on the inside panels. 

 
I used my e cutter to design and cut the moon. Then used the stars from the edge.
 
 
On the inside of the card I cut the center of 2 stars out.
 
 
Using the dies in the set, I cut out the printed verse and backed them with some
patterned paper.

 
Next came 2 spirals from the Spiral Pull Card cut from transparences and then a dot of
Glossy Accents in the center. Next step, wait for glue to dry.
 
 
Attaching the spiral to each star, it was run through the center of the open stars and then attached to the anchor stars on the ends.
 
After attaching the verse stars, smaller stars were cut from the Accordion Star and the Happy Birthday Pop Up and then attached to the spiral - making it appear that they are shooting stars.
 
  
Thanks Donna for inviting me -
Hope everyone has a great week and does something crafty,

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you - thanks for commenting.