HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
Today I want to share my entry with Tim's 12 Tags of 2014. I always look forward to the first of the month to see what he has created. This month he used his Pocket Watch Die and so did I.
Here is my version of this months tag. Hope you like it.
I'm very happy with the outcome - it turned out very much as I envisioned.
Here's how I did it.
I started by using the Pocket Watch Die to cut out 3 pieces from chipboard. One was cut using the die without the circle Movers & Shapers and then two more after adding the circle.
I then layered the three pieces together with the solid piece on the bottom. I made sure I had a solid line of Glossy Accents all the way around because I plan to use resin and did not want it to seep out.
Next I put some foil tape on a piece of cardstock and smoothed it out some. I didn't worry about this too much as I planned to emboss it so most of the wrinkles won't show.
I then cut out the circle using the Movers & Shapers Circle Die and the Base Tray
After embossing the foil piece with the Gears Embossing folder I covered it with Distress Black Soot Paint and then before it dried I wiped some of it off.
For all you perfectionists out there (and you know who you are!) don't worry about the seam down the center, it will be covered up.
When the paint was completely dry I placed the foil in the prepared chipboard die cut
I mixed Ice Resin according to the directions.
I then poured the resin in the piece. Now for the hardest part, WAITING for 24 hours.
The final layer was made by cutting 4 circles on my electronic cutter because I wanted them slightly smaller than the previous section to mimic a real pocket watch. They were glued together and then glued to the watch. After layering more gears I poured the final layer of resin. As you have certainly guessed by now - I'm not good at waiting but I managed it for another 24 hours. It was worth it.
Now that I have done all the waiting I think I can stand, I got to work on the finishing touches. I was happy with the over all look except for one thing. I didn't like the way you can see the layers of chipboard and cardstock so to cover them up I turned to modeling paste and it worked.
I spread the modeling paste on with my fingers and then smoothed it out by dipping my finger in water and smoothing it gently. And finally I used a craft stick to finish it off. When the paste was dry I sanded it with an emery board.
When I was happy with the results, I covered the modeling paste with liquid embossing ink. Working in sections - I put silver embossing powder on and hit with the heat gun.
For the final decorating I used a clock from Prima, the Finnabair Line. The hanging charms were made with Fragments and Remnant Rubs. I added a key and I was done.
Hope you enjoy,