Tuesday, October 3, 2023

Designer Challenge - Jack-0-Lantern

 Happy October and welcome.

It is Designer Challenge Day and this time Karen Burniston has challenged the team to make a card with a Jack-0-Lantern.  I thought it would be a great time to use a Surprise Ball Pop-Up since I haven't made one in awhile.  I love making Halloween Cards because they can be cute or scary or cute and scary. I made my scary jack-o-lantern light up.


Here are some helpful tips if you want to make this light up Jack-0-Lantern.


While the pieces are still flat - emboss.  I used a woodgrain embossing folder but if you don't have one you could use what you have.  Because of the embossing the paper become weaker so I reinforced all of my panels using the Surprise Ball Double Ups but if you don't have them you can cut another Surprise Ball and then cut each section down on each side. 


I drew on the eyes and mouth where I thought they should be and then cut them out.  I placed yellow vellum behind the eyes and mouth before I started to assemble. As you can see, I did not use the section where the rubber band goes.  I wanted those sections to be as strong as possible.  You will see in the photo that I had to alter one tab so it would not block the eye.


Here you can see the altered tab and how it will go around the eye.
If you need a refresher on how to assemble the Surprise Ball, I have linked Karen's video below.



Thanks for stopping by-
Happy Haunting,
S@ndy

6 comments:

  1. OK, now...Sandy...STOP IT! This is SUCH aa cute card! I don't normally "do" Halloween, but I'm rethinking this! I LOVE the look of your card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Love this light-up Jack-O-Lantern!!! And the balloons on the front of the card are so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the witches balloons. Thanks for sharing your technique for lighting it up. Super 👍

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! I love that you added the light to your jack o'lantern! Awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea, a light up pumpkin. Anyone would love this card. And I love candy corn.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for commenting.