Friday, July 22, 2022

Birthday Banner

 Hello Clear Scraps fans, 

  In our home there are plenty of birthdays in August so I have created a birthday banner of gift boxes that can be displayed for the birthday guy or gal on their special day.


I began with the Present Wood Accordion Shaker Album which has four panels including a fun shaker element.


I began by covering all the pieces with coordinating paper.  I sanded the edges and then added ink.
I traced out the shape of the bow so I could create a pattern and cut from paper to add on top of each present. 


For the next step - ribbon was added to the edge of each lid.  (not on the shaker section)

 
A festive stamp was added to each box.  I used my Misti Tool to do this but you can also do it with a stamp and block.  I waited until the paper was added to the box to do the stamping so I was sure the stamp would be centered.


The top of the shaker section was covered with double sided adhesive and then glitter was added.


The protective film was removed from each side of the acrylic piece and placed on the project after adding the shaker filling. 


Once all panels were decorated - they were attached with two strips of acrylic.  One at the top and on near the bottom. Each strip is about 2" wide X 18" long. There are holes in each panel so they can be connected with rings, so it can be used as an album, but I used the acrylic for a different look.


When this banner is not being displayed it can be easily stored until the next birthday comes along.
I plan to use it on the mantle but it would be easy to decorate the back so it can be used as a centerpiece for the birthday celebration.

Thanks for stopping by,
Sandy


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you - thanks for commenting.