Wednesday, July 29, 2020

You Nailed It!

Hello my crafty friends and welcome back.

I have been very excited about the new Karen Burniston die release and have shared my card using the new Purse die set and the Dolled Up Charms set shown in my July 20th post.  I love to make cards that use the dies in the way they are intended but also like to see if I can make them into something else, which is what I have done today.   This die set includes dies that make the purse and also has dies that make it into an adorable suitcase.  I have also thought of a couple other ways to use this great set.   As soon as I saw it, I thought it would make a great tool box and it did.


For the front of my card I used the Oval Crosshatch die set along with the words "you and it" from the Word Set 8 and used the Alphabet set for the word NAILED.


On the inside, I used another oval and made this a top fold card.  I used the Purse to make the Tool Box by omitting the front and back panels and running it through an embossing folder before assembling it.  You can see Karen's complete instruction video below on how to assemble the purse.

By folding down the front panel - it appears to be an open box.  I added an extra handle to the open section.   

I filled the box with tools that I made using clipart and my electronic cutter,  I did have an older die from Memory Box that made the hammer and saw.

Here is my purse card from the 20th.


I have linked all the products below that I used on this card, you can simply click on the photo to get more information.

Have a great weekend, see you on Tuesday,
S@ndy


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you - thanks for commenting.