Thursday, June 6, 2019

The Challenge Is - Tissue Paper

It's the first Friday of the month and, of course, that means a new challenge at A Vintage Journey.  This month the challenge is to use tissue paper - I've used some Tim Holtz Tissue Paper to create the background on my tag.  




I began with a plain white tag that I cut out using an Elizabeth Craft Designs Tag die and then applied my tissue paper to it.  When it was dry, I rubbed on some Peeled Paint and Salty Ocean Distress Oxide Inks and let that dry.  The color was pretty intense so I buffed it with a baby wipe to remove some of the color.


Sometimes I like to color stamped images while watching TV or while we are traveling so I have a box of colored flowers that I keep for these occasions.  This seems like the perfect time to use them.
I simply placed the flowers the way I wanted and added a stamped verse.



Don't forget to stop by the Vintage Journey Blog to see what the rest of the talented Creative Guides made for this fabulous challenge.

Until next time, stay creative -
S@ndy

All the Elizabeth Craft Designs products linked here are from their US location.  If you would like to check out their products in Europe, they are at elizabethcraftdesigns.eu/

12 comments:

  1. Your tag has turned out just beautiful Sandy! Love how you toned back the background to make those beautifully coloured flowers shine out. The verse is the perfect finishing touch! Thanks so much for playing in the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tag is so vibrant Sandy and I love the way those pretty flowers pop against the wonderful background x TFS and huge hugs
    Annie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tag is wonderful , Sandy. It delivers such a lovely dose fo colour and floral beauty. Great way to use Tims tissue paper.
    Have a lovely weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful tag! You created such a happy colour combination and design, the tissue background is perfect 😁. Thanks for the inspiration and wishing you a happy Friday and weekend! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely tag Sandy! The colored musical tissue makes a great background for your pretty flowers! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those blooms really cheer up a very dull and rainy day S@ndy, the colours are wonderful against the tissue paper background. Love that sentiment too! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Like a peaceful corner of a lovely sunny garden - your tag is so pretty, Sandy. I love the musical background.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sandy, your tag just makes me happy! I love the colors of your beautifully blended background--so perfect to set off those stunning flowers! Salty Ocean can be quite overpowering, but you toned it down perfectly. Your coloring of the flowers is exceptional and your design is gorgeous! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a fabulous vibrant tag Sandy - super colour combinations and the tissue background is just perfect. Have a great weekend. Jennie x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the contrast between bright colors and vintage feel of tissue paper! great project! barbara

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a happy tag! Your colours are wonderful and the oranges really pop off the tissue background. Nikki xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your tag is so beautiful Sandy! The colors are just beautiful.
    Hugs, Ann xx

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for commenting.