Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Celebrate You

Hello friends, 

I'm so happy you could join me today for a special card.  I made this card for my friend who has a December birthday.  December birthdays are difficult because they seem to get caught up in all the holiday festivities.  That's why I like to make an extra special card for the December people on my list..  I used lots of dies and stamps from Elizabeth Craft Designs and I'm so happy with the results.  This card is also part of the challenge for this month - so don't forget to stop over at the Elizabeth Craft Designs Blog to see what the entire team made and to enter the contest for a gift card. All you have to do is answer a question - simply click here.

Here is the question this month:

Which of the Garden Notes – Frame It/Stitched die sets would you use on a 
project and how would you use it.




Here's how I made it -
You can check the links below to see all the great products I used.


I began by cutting two ovals, one in each panel for the front of the card.  I placed foam tape all around the opening of the larger panel.

Using a separate panel of Soft Finish Cardstock I added Distress Oxide Ink, Worn Lipstick.  When the ink had dried, I spritzed it with water and blotted dry.

Next I added the pink panel behind the opening of the front and then added the entire panel to a darker pink Soft Finish cardstock base.

I made my poinsettias and added them along with the leaves to the card.  Earlier I cut some berry branches and added Nuvo Drops to them.  Once they were dry, I cut the branches apart and tucked them in behind the poinsettias.  The final touch was adding the sentiment.

The front of the card turned out beautifully with so many shades of pink all working together.


For the inside I used the beautiful Poinsettia Stamp Set.  The stamp was colored and the panel was added to the card and the words Happy Birthday were added.

Here is short video clip - Enjoy,


S@ndy


1 comment:

  1. A beautiful card inside and out, the lucky recipient is going to love getting this one xxx

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for commenting.