Monday, November 5, 2018

The Challenge is "CHRISTMAS TREE"

Hi friends and welcome back,

Today is the Karen Burniston monthly challenge and as you have already seen, the challenge is CHRISTIMAS TREE.  Karen asked us to incorporate a Christmas Tree in our design.  I have decided to incorporate mine on the front of the card as well as the inside, all with the same tree!!.

I have been thinking about this design since I saw a card from my team mate, Frances Byrne.  She made her tree on both sides of the card front and it made me ask myself, self, why can't it be one tree on both sides?  So here are the results.  I have a full video below with all the instructions in case you want to make one for yourself.

Don't forget to stop over at Karen's Blog tomorrow for a new technique video, it's always fun to see what she comes up with.






THE FIX


If you watched the video, I have explained how I made a placement error and how I fixed it.
I had accidently placed the two smaller trees in the center too low on the card.  This made a catch point when the card closed.  To fix that I simply cut down the two smaller trees (shown in the circle) and replanted them at a higher elevation.  You can see the new placement at the end of the video. 

See you soon,
Sandy

1 comment:

I love hearing from you - thanks for commenting.