Mac & I recently celebrated our anniversary - this time #53. Since our 50th I have made something to commemorate the day and number of years for each anniversary. This year I made a mixed media canvas using lots of Elizabeth Craft Designs products and I would like to share it with you today.
Starting out with a regular canvas, lots of papers with all kinds of different textures were glued on the surface. For added texture, some crackle paste was randomly spread on. After letting everything dry, some embossing paste was added through 2 different stencils. Since it is for both of us I used 2 different stencils from Karen Burniston's Stage it Stencils. Gears and Flowers. Finally everything got a coat of gesso. I don't know about you but I hate to wait for things to dry!
Next came a spray from Memories Mist called Blue Martini, appropriate name for this occasion. Now that the base color was on - it was time for some contrasting paint. Since I was planning to use the ModaScrap paper shown below I had to mix the color I wanted. It is rather fun to go through the stash and find things that you had forgotten were there.
The word "Amazing" was cut from fun foam using one of Suzanne Cannon's fabulous dies from her A Way With Words collection. It was then sprayed with the Blue Martini. To add some additional color to the tag I mixed some spray with texture paste and scraped it across the tag with a plastic card leaving a hint of color. I had the word "together" in my stash so simply painted it to match the canvas.
Next came a plain piece of chipboard that was painted and attached using foam tape. Then the tag going in the opposite direction. There was lots of coats of paint used and so much experimenting to get the desired color. So far - so good.
Then the fun stuff begins, a double stacked die cut, Flower Lace 2, was added to another, smaller, piece of chipboard. It was all coated with gesso and then painted. I thought that the canvas needed a little more color so took the sprayer out of the bottle and dripped some on the canvas to add interest. Next came a piece of lace that was painted and sprayed to coordinate.
2 hearts were cut from fun foam using the Els van de Burgt's Entwined Hearts. The hearts were painted and then added to the canvas. Now all that was needed were the finishing touches. A piece of twine was cut and died then added with a dried flower and some leaves. A Grunge Board flourish, a clock face from Prima and some beads and it was done. I found the #53 so added it after a little gesso and spray was added.
The very last thing was a small splat of watered down gesso.
Hope you like it, I have enjoyed sharing it with you.