Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Designers Challenge - From the Heart

Hi everyone and welcome to the first Designers Challenge for 2017.   I hope you will stop by the Elizabeth Craft Designs Blog today to see what the new Die Cutting Design Team members have made.  We will be introducing you to the fabulous new release and I know you will want to see everything.  This time around, our theme is "From the Heart" and I have a mixed media project to share with you today using the new Leafy Lace Heart die.

 
 
I wanted my jewelry box to look like an old copper treasure that has a lovely patina.
 
I started with an ordinary paper mache' heart shaped box that I got at my local craft store.  Any shape could be used for this project but the heart fit perfectly on this box. 
 
 
  Cut the Leafy Lace Heart twice using manila cardstock, then glue the two together to make a thick layer, then glue the heart to the top of the box and let dry.
 
Using cardstock, cut a strip that in tall enough to cover the sides of the box and long enough to go completely around.   Emboss the paper strip using the Hear Strings Embossing folder and then glue in place.  
 
 
When glue has dried, paint box and lid with a mixture of gesso and ink.  Don't mix the colors, simply add a drop of reinker into a puddle of gesso as shown.  Load a paint brush with the mixture having green on one side and gesso on the other. This makes the color streak giving light and darker shades of green.  Distress Reinker, Peeled Paint, was used here.
 
 
When paint is dry, pounce a Versamark ink pad gently in random areas.  Sprinkle copper embossing powder over inked area - brushing off excess with a soft brush.  Heat set embossing powder.
 
On January 24th the new Elizabeth Craft Designs Coloring Design Team will take the spotlight with their challenge.  Please drop by the blog here for a visit - you will be amazed and inspired.
 
Stay Crafty My Friends,
 
 


1 comment:

I love hearing from you - thanks for commenting.