Thursday, February 19, 2015

A Very Special Number

Although Valentine's Day has pasted for this year I'm still in the hearts and cupid mood.  Just a few days ago my parents celebrated their 70th (yes, you heard me right, 70 ) wedding anniversary.  I just wanted to share the card I made for them.  The challenge for this time over at A Vintage Journey is Special Numbers.  I have a very special number indeed.


I feel so lucky to have both of them and for them to be married 70 years is truly a special event.  I have included a photo of them on their wedding day in 1945. 

Before I get into the details I would like to give you a heads up about some changes happening at A Vintage Journey Blog. On March the 6th we will be celebrating our first birthday and we will have a special challenge and some prizes for you. The most significant changes will be a move to a monthly challenge theme. In the future the winner will be chosen by Random Org but we will continue with our Top 3 Pinworthies and our Pinterest boards. The structure for the month will change and Fridays will very much be about projects and guests and Mondays will hold a completely new format of Destination Inspiration posts linked to a monthly menu of a product, a color, a technique and a substrate.  Mix those four things with four Creative Guides and there will be some wonderful informative posts for you. Some of the months will include five weeks and when this happens you will see the return of our very popular Tag Fridays. 
 
So now on to how I made this card.
I used Sizzix Die #660025 which comes with all the main pieces you need for this card.  For the little photo holder I used Elizabeth Craft Designs Die #961
 
 I used some kraft colored paper from Core dinations that I had sanded to raise the pattern.  The music note paper is some I had in my stash. The red is from Stampin up, Cherry Cobbler.
 
 Next all the edges were inked with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.
 
I found the photo I wanted and then sized it to fit the tag which I wanted to look like a small clipboard.  After cutting out all the pieces - I simply assembled the card, added some of Tim's wonderful twine and a heart charm. On the border I used the die from the set and then added the little hearts that came from the larger ones on the side.  A little tedious but worth the effort.
 
Hope you have enjoyed my card and will stop over at A Vintage Journey to see what the rest of the very talented design team members have made for this challenge.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you - thanks for commenting.