Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Paper Pros - Spring Flowers



Today is the Paper Pros monthly challenge and this month our challenge theme is Spring Flowers.  I made a card using an altered version of Karen Burniston's Twist Panel Pop Up Die.

This all started when my friend, Mary, showed me a card she purchased. When it was opened the butterflies popped out of the center as shown below.

 So of course I had to see if I could make one.  I think I was successful and I'm proud to show you the outcome.



I haven't finished the inside yet but wanted to play along with the challenge. I will be adding a verse.

I kept the front very simple and as you can see, it will be for my Mom.  


I started by using white on white and assembling the mechanism as shown in the assembly video HERE.  That is where the instructions changed.  I cut 1" off the end of each arms and added a horizontal strip across the arm on each end as shown above.

The next step is to add a couple of arms as shown in the photo above.  They are about 5/8" wide and cut to fit the card.  Sorry I don't have measurements for this but it was totally experimental

Using the Flowers and Bee die set I then added the flowers and leaves cut from white cardstock and then colored with Copics.

Try something different and have a crafty week,
S@ndy


2 comments:

  1. Such a fantastic card and in such lovely and bright colours too x Good for you for taking the plunge and making one....I am sure it will be treasured xx
    HUGS Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would say you were very successful. I love it.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for commenting.