Saturday, June 17, 2017

Saturday School Week 1

Hi my friends,

I am starting a new series that I hope will become fun and challenging.  I like to go through my local thrift shops to see what is out there that I could use for my mixed media and card making adventures.  Some time ago I picked up these cute children's items - phonics flash cards, a little book and question & answers fan deck.  They have been sitting in my stash for a long time so when I joined Tim Holtz's #hipforsummer challenge I decided to put them to use. I have made three so far and will share with you once a week.  Not all will be Hipsters but that's where I started.  My challenge to myself is to make something once a week using things that I already have but haven't used lately.

These are my thrift store items so here we go -


I used one of the phonics cards "ch", of course, is for Chimp. 
He's pretty cool with his mirrored sunglasses and the attitude!   I used a little Fossilized Amber Distress Oxide on the card itself and then did a little stenciling. The chimp is stamped and then  colored with Copic Markers and finally die cut with the new Sizzix Hipster die.  I layered all the pieces together with foam tape to give it some dimension and also used the foam tape to attach it to the card.

Hope you have enjoyed-
S@ndy



5 comments:

  1. This is awesome! I am excited to see what else you create. I like going to thrift stores too to find treasures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fantastic ! Sandy . Brings back my teaching days for sure . A fun way to get kids to learn . Super x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a container of cards that I got at a thrift store. they are good to make stencils out of also by using dies. I have not given the hipsters another thought but this may change my mind. Great Job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun is this! Very creative use of the kids cards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha, brilliant idea Sandy, love the use of the flash card to make your very hip chimp! Deb xo

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for commenting.