Today the Paper Pros, a fun group of crafters, is having a little challenge and we have decided on a Masculine Birthday card as the theme.
I decided to break out some of my new dies from Karen Burniston who has just released a new line in
Cahoots with Riley & Co. I made the Twist Panel Pop-up along with parts of several other dies in the collection and, of course, had to put my "twist" on it by creating a steampunk card for our grandson.
I got creative to make this a steampunk card so here is what I did -
- The gears are actually the tire swing from the Tree Pop-up.
- The top hat is from the Snowman Twist Circle.
- I added 2 charm frames and a hinge from the Charm Accordion.
- Word Set 2 was used for the greeting, inside and on the outside.
- Of course I needed to make it into a birthday card so used the cupcake and balloon from the Birthday Charms set.
This is such a fun card that simply explodes when opened. I know our grandson is going to love it. With so much fun packed on the inside of the card I needed something to keep it closed so I created a belly band that slides off.
To see the entire new line from Karen simply click here. Once you get there, check out the instruction videos for each set.
Have a creative week,