Monday, December 12, 2016

All I Want For Christmas

Hi all and welcome to the first Designer Challenge for December.  Of course
Karen Burnistion wanted us to do something for the season and the theme is "All I Want For Christmas".   Everyone is busy making their home warm & cozy, decorating and baking at this time of year.  I'm sharing my snow globe today that shows the completed, welcoming home.

This card  is a 6" X  6" with a top fold.  My cute little house is from the House Pivot card from the Pop it Ups collection and decorated for Christmas using some elements from the Holiday House.

 
I made this card the same way you would make a shaker card but added a surprise by using some Chibi LED Lights.  They are fun and easy to use.  I added a removable sticker for the recipient so they would know what to do. 

 
When you press, the windows light up.  What more could you want for Christmas than a warm welcome?
 
There are lots of videos on YouTube on how to install these lights on your cards.
 
Stop by Karen's Facebook Page to see everything the team put together for this challenge and go to her blog tomorrow to see a great new video and technique.
 
Have a crafty week,


3 comments:

  1. S@ndy this is absolutely adorable!!! I love anything that lights up and how amazing that you have put lights into this wonderful creation - how clever! I love it! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable card Sandy, love it.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome card! How very fun. I'll bet the recipient loves it.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for commenting.