Wednesday, September 21, 2016

The most wonderful time of the year -

Hi my friends and welcome back.  Today I have a fun little Christmas card to share with you.  I have used the Entwined Circles, Holiday Garlands 1 and the Postage Stamp Squares dies, a new release from Els van de Burgt Studio at Elizabeth Craft Designs


I cut 2 sizes from the Postage Stamp Square die using White Soft Finish Cardstock, then layered them on a red card base.  Next I stamped my greeting using the Winter Sentiments from Joset Designs in the center of the top panel.  To see how I made the wreath and the berry covered garland just check out the photos below.
 
 
I cut 4 Entwined Circles from green and layered them - off setting them slightly each time.  I used only one small dot of glue on each layer (gluing one on top of the other) leaving them loose all around. 
 
 
Using the Holiday Garland 1 die set, I cut 4 strips of garland from the same green paper.  I ended up only needing 3.  Using Nuvo Crystal Drops I added a drop of red on each circle on the garland.  When that was dry, I turned them over and added a drop of red on the other side.  This insures that when adding the garland to the wreath, the red will show on both sides.
 
When all drops were dry, I twisted the garland around the wreath and attached the ends to the wreath. I then cut a bow using the Four Bows die with ECD Clear Double Sided Adhesive on the top.  After die cutting the bow, I removed the tape and added ECD Microfine Glitter for that touch of sparkle.
The final step is to simply glue the wreath and bow to the front of the card.
 
As scary as it seems, Christmas will be here before we know it.  No time like the present to start those Christmas cards. 

To see all the products I used, simply click on any of the links below.
 
Have a crafty day,
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you - thanks for commenting.