Thursday, May 28, 2015

Tag Friday @ A Vintage Journey

Hi and welcome - it's Tag Friday over at A Vintage Journey so I hope you will stop by for a visit.  The Creative guides have offered up some awesome inspiration for you.   There is no theme so you are in for a real treat and great variety.
 
As for me, I did some stash diving and found a tag that already had a background so used it.  All I needed to do was add some finishing touches and here is the result.


Last year I did a Destination Inspiration post for VJ where I shared different ways to use Tim's marbling technique so I already had some backgrounds made and this is one of them.

 
 I made my shaker window using Tim's Mover & Shaper birdcage.  I won't bore you with the details of how to make a shaker window as there are many tutorials on YouTube to show you how to do this.
 

So far, so good - next I added the embellishments and the bird but was not too happy as it looked flat and boring.
 

 I decided to fix that by ruffing up the edges of the inside tag and adding a little detail to the flowers and bird using my markers.  I then added the ribbon and a key along with a word tile that says "Free".  Now I like it better.  I used some Vintage Photo Ink on the edges and the flowers, much better.
 

 Hope you have enjoyed and will hop over to A Vintage Journey to see what everyone else made.
 
Have a crafty weekend,

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you - thanks for commenting.