No one is more surprised than me that I'm posting my April tag so early in the month. It is only the 5th and I am ready to go. I used the Tattered Pinecone Die (as Tim did) to make the roses for this one. I have to admit that it was fun and the more I made, the better I liked it. I try and think out of the box so I started digging in my stash and found a fabulous glass block that I had purchased at Hobby Lobby. It came with a stand and small light bulb for the inside. Here's what happened..................
A night light for you to dream by-
It started out to be for T!m's April tag and it works. I think it will also work for A Vintage Journey challenge which is A Little bit French.
HERE'S HOW I DID IT!!
I started out with the glass block and stand from Hobby Lobby. The light bulb that came with the block was clear and I changed it out for a white one because I wanted the light to be softer.
I next covered the front of the block with T!m's Frosted Film. Then I stenciled the Frosted Film with the Bubble Stencil from T!m's line using Peeled Paint Distress Paint. I only stenciled in the center because I knew I wanted to use a stamped image and didn't want the bubbles to show through the stamped image when the light came through it.
Next I got out my new stamp set, Nature Walk and stamped the face several times with Black Soot and then embossed with Ranger's Clear Embossing Powder.
After softly water coloring the image I cut out and edged with black.
I then placed the image on the Frosted Film and covered it with another layer of Frosted Film which made her recede into the background and become more arterial looking.
So Far - So Good!
Nest came the Trellis using the new Trellis Die. I used two layers of manila paper and one layer of T!m's Tissue Paper. I cut out some vines using the Spring Greenery Die. After edging everything with Gathered Twigs Distress Ink and bending the leaves to give it some demention I weaved the vines on the trellis making it look as if they were growing there.
I stamped the Eifel Tower and the word Dream on the Frosted Film with StazOn Jet Black ink and then added the trellis and roses.
I used the Spring Greenery Die again to cut out some leaves for around the face. After making a small Rosette I added a metal Fleur de Lye.
I must admit that ribbon of any kind is my nemesis and this project was no exception.
After many attempts with all kinds of ribbon and a trip to the store I wound up with this mesh ribbon and decided it was good.
Hope you enjoy and will leave me some comments-