Sunday, April 21, 2013

April Tag

Last night I finally got the chance to break open my new Distress Paints and had so much fun playing with them.  I tried a few tags using different methods for applying the paint.  I pulled a bunch of stuff out of my stash and just started painting things.  Some turned out great and others - not so much!!

When I got done playing I got down to business and put my April tag together.  When playing I sort of lost track of the colors I used but think they are: fired brick, wild honey, rusty hinge and broken china.  This will be a good one to enter over at Simon Says with their Challenge: Color.  I decided to give the paint (which I love) the full test using paper (the tag), metal (the #4 w/leaves, the pen nib and word stick) and plastic(the dragonfly). 

Once the Distress Paint drys on paper it feels just like printed paper, no bumps or lines.  I drug the tag through the paint using my non stick matt and when it was nearly dry I ran a paint brush through it making the colors blend.  When it was completely dry I used a couple of tim's masks and gathered twigs distress ink.  I then stamped the pen nibs with black and embossed them with clear embossing powder. A little tissue tape and I'm done!!  

1 comment:

I love hearing from you - thanks for commenting.